Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I spent almost all day travelling yesterday, from LA to Nashville and then to Cleveland, TN. I'll be in a meeting today and tomorrow discussing ways to improve the educational/discipleship material produced by the Spanish-speaking publishing house for the Church of God, Editorial Evangélica. I'm looking forward to meeting with the others because it shows that they've noticed how a lot of times the material doesn't connect or isn't always relevant to the students. Plus, it demonstrates that they're interested in being intentional about being relevant, pertinent and purposeful with the students within the denomination.

Besides this meeting, I'll be attending a conference here in Cleveland called Engage 21, which the COG is hosting to begin dialogue between the various generations of ministers and also to discuss missionality within the denomination.

In addition to these "meetings," I'll be visiting a bunch of friends, which I haven't seen in quite a while. I'm looking forward to that...


...and so, I'm off to begin my visiting tour!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the south! Enjoy your stay.

Anonymous said...

Say hi to the Villarreal's for me!

Jenn said...

It was good to see you yesterday!!!

Nate said...

Dawn--
Thanks! Hadn't been here in a while, but it was like putting on an old shoe. I remembered the old routes.

Lizette--
Will do! You won't believe how big the kids are now...

Jenn--
It was good seeing you too! I had no idea you worked "across the border." Very cool. I miss working there.