Thursday, February 7, 2008

Breakfast Club and bilingual ministry

Had breakfast with the small crew of young pastors again this morning. It's so cool to be able to share and vent with these guys. Plus, some of the ideas bounced around today were beneficial to all of us.
Sometimes the Latino ministry mindset can be so complex because of the language issue as well as the cultural dynamics between the different generations of Latinos here.
I'm looking to do some bilingual stuff in the future, but I'm not so sure I wanna do it simultaneously yet. I don't want to limit ministry to Latinos only. Yesterday, I spoke with a pastor of a large, growing church that does ministry bilingually...simultaneously. I'll probably check things out in his church to see how they do it. However, my experience doing that is that it tends to be a little distracting, especially to bilingual people. Plus, it's never cool when the voices overlap. I guess we're going to have to experiment more when the time comes.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Nate you're famous! I googled "bilingual ministry" and guess where the first link sent me to?