Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Recap

On Friday and Saturday, we hosted the newly instituted Holy Spirit Conference where 4 regions/states within our organization, Church of God, united to celebrate together. I believe it was the first time in the West that we had gathered to worship together. It was pretty cool to see an intentionality about unity. Since YCE directors are usually the ones behind the scenes (working their tails off), I was somewhat busy with this short event, even though my counterpart in CA was the busiest.

By the time Sunday rolled around, I was pretty drained and was operating on very few hours of sleep. However, our Sunday service was still pretty cool, and we had a decent turnout. The need to follow up with attenders and the need for care seemed so obvious to me today. It's definitely a pressing issue.
By the way, my phone's clock changed automatically on Sunday morning (DST) but came to find out that the time will not change until next Sunday. That was a little weird, but I'm glad it will be changing next Sunday because next weekend will be as draining, if not more, than this past weekend with our annual minister's meeting coming up.

This weekend was definitely a reminder that I need to stay on top of my game....working hard........and then playing hard!

No comments: