Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Recap of Sunday

This past Sunday was a good day! As start time (11am) approached, there was absolutely nobody there, which freaked me out a bit....but almost out of no where, people began showing up and streaming in as the experience started. We had way more people than expected, including a new family that committed to coming on a regular basis. Although, they did not make a decision for Christ then, I will continue to pray for them and that the Holy Spirit continue speaking to their heart.

After our morning experience, we headed toward a nearby park to grill out and spend time together as a family. Three more couples showed up, and although they didn't "go to church" in the morning, relationships were built, a seed was sown, and I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before they make commitments to follow and serve Christ.

Although today's events may not sound like much, it was a huge sign of hope and life to me, and in many ways, it was as though God were speaking to me...letting me know that he's doing his thing despite challenges that may arise. Plus, the church's mission statement, core values, purpose statement, etc. have not been estabished nor has a specific vision been cast. It's humbling to see how God works despite not having all of this stuff yet. We definitely serve a sovereign and all-knowing God.

At the end of the day, I spent some time with some friends, a couple, who live in the general area sharing our heart and vision for this region (Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Fontana, etc.) and even sharing some strategies to reach the community. I am praying for a team who can join with me to take on this challenge, and they are definitely prospects for this task. I'm pretty excited about what God has in store for this area and am looking forward to being a part, or as Rick Warren would say, looking forward to "riding God's wave!"

All in all, Sunday was a great day!

No comments: