Thursday, March 27, 2008

Busy or Productive?

How easy it is to get caught up in being busy all the time, and somewhat losing sight of the bare essentials...even when you know it's happening, but you still do it anyway. It certainly takes courage and guts to actually cut out those things that keep you busy and not productive. Being busy all the time is not the best feeling in the world and many times does not accomplish much.

John Maxwell is right in recommending that we make a list of the important, urgent, unimportant, etc. things in life. He obviously uses other terms than what I'm using, but the principle is the same. I may have to go back and reread some of that material and re-apply it to my life.

Do you have to cut "stuff" out of your life to be less busy and more productive?

4 comments:

DawnD said...

I've learned it is much better to have quality, than quantity!

DawnD said...

It's been a while since you blogged...It must be because you're so busy...or is it that you're productive? Ahh!

Unknown said...

Busy? Who's busy? I'm in denial. What's up, brother?

jet

Nate said...

Hey Dawn, you nailed the reason for me being gone for a while. I'm back, though...I think...

Mr. Taylor, wow! I didn't know you were a blogger as well...very cool. I'll check you out.

Peace!!