Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm baaack

It feels like it's been forever since I've been on the blogosphere. Gotta take an occasional hiatus once in a while to get caught up on other life stuff.

Anyway, life has been good lately, despite the curve balls that are thrown once in a while. Life with the church is moving. There's a lot of change and re-positioning coming up, and I believe that people are starting to feel it. Thankfully, most are on board and willing to press forward...exciting times.

This past Sunday was great. Some of the newer converts and I had some meaningful conversation. It's great to see people open to God's "reconstruction" of their lives. As Jonathan Martin of Renovatus puts it, we are definitely a church for people under renovation as well, and it's great to see God doing his thing and people allowing him to do so.

We had been having a mid-week service, but we're moving it into a home. This will be a pre-cursor to starting small groups. Man, I can't wait! I'm a huge small group fan.

Anyway, it's good to be back on the blogosphere. Hopefully I won't be as sporadic as I've been in the past month.

6 comments:

Jon Goats said...

Nate!!!
I was wondering if you fell off the face of the earth! Good to see your doing well!

Nate said...

Hi Jon! I think I had fallen off the edge, but I'm back. Hey, we still gotta get together to catch a Giants game.

Unknown said...

Hey Nate,

Did I miss something? Are you pastoring a church?

What's up?

jet

Nate said...

Johnny, I began pastoring on an interim basis in September and became the official pastor in mid December. It's a very small group, which had been on the decline. So, we'll be replanting it soon.
...laying the groundwork right now.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear it. I know you'll do a great job? You're doing youth & ce right?

Nate said...

JET--

Still doing the YCE thing while I pastor. It can be quite a challenge...to say the least...