Saturday, December 15, 2007

Forgiveness

I've recently been exposed to several people who have had a hard time forgiving someone else after having been deeply hurt by the other. I completely know that it is sooo hard to forgive sometimes, especially after having one's heart taken out, sliced up, beat up, and placed back where it was....of course, one's trust is broken as well.

Seeing this from the (outside) gives me a different perspective as I try to understand the different facets and sides to this. Although the initial action of breaking trust and virtually severing a relationship is heartbreaking, I've come to see how a lack of forgiveness can also work as a terminal cancer, working against what God would accomplish if one would only let him. Of course, this is much, much easier said than done, and my intent is not to place myself on a pedestal as I look from the outside in, rather, I'm opting to learn vicariously (whatever/however I can) from this.

May we be ever so humble to admit our faults....and true Christ-followers to forgive when offended.

No comments: