Thursday, January 17, 2008

You mean...today?

Have you ever heard anyone saying something like, "I can't wait until I graduate from high school (or college) because then I'll be happy?" Or..."I can't wait until I get a raise at work 'cause then I'll be better off ." Or..."When I get married (or have kids, grandkids, etc.), then things will be better." But what about today?
Why do we have a tendency to look to a better tomorrow when all we have to do is change our perspective on today?? One dude said, This is the day that the Lord has made... (Ps 118.24a).

Didn't wanna sound preachy, but I woke up this morning with this passage ringing in my head. Man! How different things would be if my perspective on the todays in life would be more optimistic and purposeful as I pursue God and fulfill his vision for me and others...even in the "small" things!

I choose to view today as the day God has made.....and it's filled with purpose and vision and opportunity and beauty and dreams and, well, you get the point.

How will you view the todays in life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think people tend to use it as an excuse not to do what they should do today and leave it for tomorrow. It's like wishful thinking and people talking but not doing. I don't know if I'm making sense, but I can relate. It's so easy to do nothing today and say, when this or that happens then I'm going to do this, whatever it may be. And then when it happens you don't do it because you're already living a life where you are used to waiting for something better to happen. But when you realize that it's not as good or better as you that it was going to be you become disappointed and it becomes a cycle of waiting for the next best thing.