Wednesday, January 16, 2008

SBUX: in decline or on the rise?

For a good while now, I've been close to being a Starbucks addict. I've tasted just about everything they have to offer, except for tea....definitely not a tea person. However, not sure if it's because of the monotony of drinking a certain drink all the time or what, but I'm starting to stray from SBUX and trying other people's coffee. I've tried The Coffee Bean, Seattle's Best Coffee, and other local coffee shops. My favorite so far is SBC, which is usually found at Borders bookstores. I'm finding myself seeking Borders out solely for their SBC coffee. Man! I guess I can't live without being addicted to some kind of substance!

So anyway, I've heard several rumors about sbux being on a downward slope, and it seems as though I will be adding to that decline. However, I'm still open to receive any kind of sbux gift card!!

What about you? Are you a Starbucks person?

3 comments:

DawnD said...

Ya know, the nice thing about sbux is you pretty much can count on the drink being good, no matter the location. However, the NorthWest has a great chain called Dutch Brothers, that I fell in love with the last few months. Hands down the best service. Since I tend to go more for the "foofy drinks", sadly, the quality of coffee is less important to me than customer service. Sbux is very commercialized and it has its ups and downs...

Nate said...

What's a "foofy" drink, Dawn??? So, what you're saying is that you'll compromise the quality of coffee for service? Wow, Dutch Brothers must have good service! :)

As far as sbux, most of their coffee is good, but their competition is getting so much better, like SBC. And you're right about them being commercialized. However, that may have been part of their success....there are so many of them out there that there's easy and convenient access to them. But I still will go out of my way to find an SBC!!

So, as much as I may sound like I'm trying to boycott sbux, there's no way I can leave them....yet.

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with Dawn. Personally i'm a Grande White Mocha, these days Decaf person and I have to say I've had it at several locations and I only go to one SBUX(which by the way took me a while to figure out, lol) that makes it just the way I like it! Not too sweet not too strong. Other places make it either too sweet or too strong. But I can't say that I'm addicted, I only go once in a while, more because it's an expense that I make when I can.