Friday, October 15, 2010

Jounaling

I was just thinking about some of the goals I set for this year back in December of 2009, and here we are in October already. One of the goals I set out to accomplish this year was deeper spiritual growth and maturity. Obviously, this doesn’t just happen. One has to work at it… --------> As Paul says to Timothy, “train yourself to be godly.”

So, among a few things I changed or began doing this year is that I began journaling—on a more consistent basis, that is, which (embarrassingly) I had never really done. In the past few years, I had occasionally journaled but not regularly. It has not only given me newer/fresher insights into the Word, but it has provided a much needed avenue to connect with God like never before. It’s hard to believe that I had never ventured into this gateway to connect with God. But I’m so glad I did.

It has also provided a way for me to “hear” God clearer, where my flaws and short-comings have been displayed before me in such a raw manner that there is no doubt that I have been saved BY GRACE! My dependence and need for Jesus are very deep-seated!

Anyway, I’m looking forward to new chapters in my walk with Jesus as I journal my adventure with him. Will have to talk more about this later…

No comments: