Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Voices

Been out of the blogosphere for a while, but after reading and meditating this morning, I began perusing some blogs and ran into Perry Noble's blog, and God totally used him in this post to give me a kick in the 'ole be-hind.

As one draws nearer to God, there are always other "voices" that one hears (no, I'm not a schizo). Many times, they're from "reliable" people or those that have more experience and appear to be more mature than you. There are also those who tend to squeeze the life and the dreams out of you by bringing you back to the ground or giving you a shot of reality, which I guess is their reasoning. But, in all honesty (they may not even realize this), they are not the voices to be heard, especially if they go against what God has placed in your heart.

I suppose I can listen to these life-draining voices, but I'd fall into the pitfall of mediocrity, and man, how I hate mediocrity! I'm sure God hates mediocrity too (Rev 3.15-16) and has definitely not called us to it....but to obedience....even if it seems out there, crazy &/or stupid.

I am so glad God has never acted half-heartedly toward us or on our behalf. I know--for a fact--that he expects full obedience and an "all-in" attitude from us as opposed to half-hearted measures. May God's voice be the one we actually do follow and act on........

.......I'm all in!

No comments: