Monday, November 24, 2008

Have I been gone that long??

So much has happened in the past few months, accounting for the relatively long hiatus from the blogosphere. Was involved in several regional church events during the summer months, a fall festival at the vine and also my wedding a few weeks ago...that’s right, my wedding! The lovely Janeth Beltrones is now my beautiful bride, and we have been learning so much from each other in the last 2 weeks. It’s been a great beginning to our lifelong journey and adventure together.

We’ve also had some changes as of late at church. A couple of people left but others are coming…slowly but surely…all unchurched! How I love that! It’s a long process, but that’s what we’re in the business of doing.
Relational ministry tends to bring results in a long-term sort of way, and it can be real easy to get discouraged as no “immediate” results are evident. However, God is always working behind the scenes, and we’re trusting that he is doing much more than we can ask or imagine. In addition, relational ministry tends to have longer lasting results as well…at least, that’s been my experience in my short ministerial career (including ministry before pastoring the vine).

2 comments:

Jon Goats said...

MARRIED?!?!??!???
AWESOME!!!!

Nate said...

That's right, Jon. I is married!! It's a great feeling to have found the right girl, you know?